Immigration Attorney - Bilingual
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
Provide high quality immigration legal services. Counsel, prepare applications and represent individuals before the Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the National Visa Center and consulates abroad.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct representation to clients on affirmative cases and defensive cases identified during consultations and in accordance with grant and programmatic goals.
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development, service delivery and case management in providing legal representation, advice and referral to individuals and families in the area of immigration law.
- Attends clinics and workshops.
- Works collaboratively with legal director in developing strategic plans, priorities and directing the implementation of services for assigned service area.
- Uses program statistics to monitor and evaluate services and outcomes. Recommends, develops, and implements improvements as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with community-based organizations, parishes and corporations to extend the reach of services and community support.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, case files, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Assists in mentoring legal interns, fellows, and volunteers.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work under deadlines.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse
Education and/or Experience
- J.D. and admitted to a state bar
- Admission to Colorado bar preferred
- 1-3 years experience/knowledge in immigration law preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/ English
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $60,000-$70,000 DOE
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
- Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
- Part-time employees (20-29 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
Are you ready to join the team? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.