Immigration Legal Services Director
Do you begin all projects with a clear understanding of the desired end results? Are you fast-paced, agile, flexible AND highly organized? Do you have full understanding of profit/loss statements and daily business operations? Are you passionate about leading a team the provides hope and support for immigrants seeking legal immigration benefits?
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Catholic Charities Dallas is looking for a Director of Programs to join our CCD Senior Leadership team. You will lead the Immigration Legal Services missions & programs and all its business units.
You will be responsible for the direction, personnel administration, program management, reporting, fiscal planning and monitoring, staff trainings, legal client representation, accreditation, compliance, and risk management for all the ILS missions and programs.
- 4-5 program managers and administrative assistant; ~44 total employees
- You will establish and maintain relationships with other service agencies and organizations in the community to strengthen service delivery to clients.
- You will represent Catholic Charities Dallas throughout our nine County Service area (in Diocese of Dallas) at Parishes, community coalitions, networks, conferences, and events.
Budgeting and Reporting
- You will monitor the budget for ILS missions and programs and be responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to CCD and all of our stakeholders.
- You will oversee several grants and ensure compliance with goals and grant policies.
- BA in Business Administration, or related field required.
- Experience in legal work and/or practicing immigration law required
- Master’s degree in business, JD (Juris Doctor), or related field a plus
- At least five years of demonstrated or progressive administration and leadership roles.
- Additional accreditations as required by specific program.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated experience with multicultural populations.
- Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism, and persistence
- Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products and programmatic database application
- Highly developed skills in strategic planning, budgeting and team management
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to represent CCD at community events and meetings.
- Excellent knowledge of / proficiency in
- Data collection and analysis as related to program outputs/outcomes.
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and team building
- Problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information and to prepare reports and correspondence
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Simultaneously meet deadlines and produce high quality results
- Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products and legal database applications; internet applications Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support
Compensation and Benefits
- Catholic Charities Dallas offers a variety of benefits to our staff including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our employees can participate in a retirement plan with an employer contribution after one year of employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) allows employees the flexibility to take time off as they need, and we have a generous holiday schedule. This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary range of High 5 figure to low 6 figure salary, based on skills and experience.
For consideration, all applicants must apply and submit their resume and cover letter via email to jmema@CCDallas.org or through Indeed. Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. Catholic Charities Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.
Immigration Legal Services Immigration Legal Services was established in 1975 in response to the growing number of immigrants moving to North Texas. This program provides a broad range of immigration counseling and representation to immigrants and their families.
About Catholic Charities Dallas
Catholic Charities Dallas was formally established in 1941 and was incorporated from the Diocese of Dallas in 1997. Today CCD helps over 120,000 individuals annually achieve stability and self-sufficiency through financial literacy, employment services, education, food programs, immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, disaster services, and permanent supportive housing.
Catholic Charities is comprised of more than 38 individual programs that serve 9 Counties. The strengths of each of our programs are as diverse as the populations we serve, but our belief in the need to provide dignity to those in our community who are often overlooked remains the same.
Catholic Charities calls the community to action to join us in addressing the root causes of poverty, hunger, and homelessness by serving, educating, and empowering all those in need.
Catholic Charities will be recognized as an effective leader serving the most vulnerable in our communities on their journey toward hope, independence, and a better life.
To provide support, resources, education and inspiration to empower our clients and improve their lives.
Service - giving of ourselves and welcoming all
Compassion – treating all with empathy, care and consideration
Integrity – doing what is just, honest, and merciful
Respect – acknowledging the dignity and worth of every person
Commitment – giving attention, energy, and passion to all we do