TTA Senior Attorney
The Senior Attorney has responsibility for conducting trainings (both in-person and online), providing technical support and writing/updating articles and other legal resource materials. The attorney must analyze and apply immigration law principles to complex questions and fact scenarios
Technical Assistance and Training
- Maintain a broad knowledge and understanding of U.S. immigration law and be informed about changes in immigration regulations and policies.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive legal advice to affiliates through the Ask the Expert portal.
- Assist in preparing trainings on substantive immigration law topics.
- Conduct in-person and remote trainings and webinars.
- Partner with CLINIC’s Field Engagement team to:
- assess topics for training and resources based on affiliate inquiries and feedback;
- determine areas for continued excellence or improvement in providing training and technical assistance;
- coordinate and collaborate on affiliate cohort sessions as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records in CLINIC’s data management system.
- As assigned, accept opportunities to speak at conferences on immigration law issues.
- Exercise independent legal judgment.
- As assigned, write articles and assist in updating CLINIC’s legal reference materials.
- Assist CLINIC’s Advocacy section on select issues including analyzing and drafting comments to proposed regulations, changes in policy guidance and revisions to immigration forms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Minimum of eight (8) years of immigration law practice
- Member in good standing of the Bar of the highest court in any State or the District of Columbia
- Strong legal analytical skills
- Ability to travel on occasion for trainings and conferences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support the organizations mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Occasional travel may be required to attend CLINIC’s board of directors meetings, and other special events
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolve conflicts effectively and make effective decisions
$87,000 - $93,000
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
If you’re interested in applying for the position, please send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silver Spring, MD 20910