Who are CLINIC's members?
CLINIC’s member agencies are Catholic-based nonprofits serving community needs, including immigration legal services. Subscribers in CLINIC’s network are non-Catholic nonprofits also providing immigration legal representation. Member agencies provide authorized immigration legal representation from attorneys and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) accredited representatives at the partial or full level. While hundreds of attorneys work in the network, the majority of staff are accredited representatives. Staff range in their years of legal experience, areas of expertise and non-English language options. Many are immigrants themselves. These individuals provide the bulk of the direct, charitable legal services to communities across the country.
CLINIC trains and supports member agency staff so that they can provide effective, professional and sustainable services to low-income immigrants in greatest need.
Who can be a CLINIC member?
CLINIC’s mission is to extend and improve the legal immigration work principally performed by the Catholic Church in the United States. CLINIC offers membership to Catholic nonprofits, as opposed to individuals, serving low-income and at-risk immigrants. Separately incorporated, non-profit organizations within the same Catholic diocese shall independently obtain, and not share, CLINIC membership.
How to Apply
- Contact us to learn if you're eligible. If so, an application will be sent to you by email.
- Receive, complete, and return the full application.
- Once accepted into CLINIC's network, a link to pay your dues will be provided.
Dues are based on the size of the immigration program's budget.
- $600 for programs with a budget of $50,000 or less
- $800 for programs with a budget of $50,001 to $150,000
- $1,000 for programs with a budget of $150,001 and up
Prospective and renewing member agencies will be invoiced at the beginning of the year when the Membership Registration and Renewal Form is sent. Membership dues must be paid by the deadline indicated in the invoice in order for the member to remain in good standing. CLINIC will send up to two payment reminders.
CLINIC does not provide a payment plan or sliding scale. Members pay a reduced fee of half the annual amount above if the application is approved between July through December. All renewals require the full dues amount. All renewals are invoiced at full, annual amount. Membership dues are invoiced at the beginning of the year when the annual renewal process begins.
Year One Affiliate Dues Scholarship
CLINIC provides a limited number of scholarships, or waivers, for a new affiliate’s first-year dues to join the network as a Catholic member organization or non-Catholic subscriber nonprofit. Click below for information about our policy, eligibility requirements and application form.
Affiliate Benefits for 2023
CLINIC affiliates receive the following benefits:
Training and Technical Assistance
- Technical support for substantive immigration law questions;
- Technical support on Department of Justice Recognition and Accreditation;
- Technical support on starting, sustaining, and growing an immigration program;
- Legal and program management tools, toolkits, practice advisories, training manuals, and other resources to enhance your practice and better serve clients;
- Free webinars on unique issues in program management and immigration law;
- Discount registration for CLINIC trainings and annual Convening;
- CLINIC’s monthly e-newsletters;
- Strategy guidance on state and local legislative issues;
- CLINIC’s Topline Immigration Policy, or TIPs Updates;
- CLINIC Affiliate Advocacy listserv;
- Monthly State and Local newsletter.
- E-Advocacy Action Alerts;
- Case escalation support;
- Affiliates-only section of CLINIC's website for resources and support;
- CLINIC's web-based Job Board to advertise and search for the best applicants in the country;
- Discount pricing for use of LawLogix’s EDGE immigration case management system;
- Consultations with experts on immigrant and community integration initiatives;
- Periodic flow-through funding opportunities.
CLINIC's Exclusive Agreement with LawLogix
LawLogix Edge is the exclusive provider and all-in-one immigration case management solution to CLINIC and its affiliates. Complete with integrated immigration forms, billing, robust reporting, mobile intake capabilities, client web portal and more, LawLogix Edge enables thousands of today's leading immigration practitioners to serve more clients more efficiently.
CLINIC affiliates who are leveraging Edge benefit from pricing discounts, comprehensive training and educational opportunities as well as certification programs.